Delphi 5, 6, 7, 8, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, XE, XE2;
C++ Builder 5, 6, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, XE, XE2
May be used in
Delphi VCL Forms for .Net
EControl Syntax Editor SDK is powerful edit control for editing and viewing text with powerful syntax highlighting, text folding, text structure tree view.
Library contains 41 components to build professional applications.
The unique and more important feature is 100% customizable lexer, so you can adjust it for any type of text file without programming.
As an example you can view default Lexer Library (file LexLib.lxl). This library contains lexers for file types: C++, Pascal, Basic, SQL, Delphi Resources, HTML & XML, Style sheets, Ini files, Help Contents, Batch files, Assembler, ...
Editor features (of the editor control)
- Delphi 2007 like editor.
- Unlimited text length.
- Fast working even with huge files (several megabytes).
- UNICODE support (IME, right-to-left ...).
- 100% customizable lexer, so editor is suitable for any plane text format. Lexer is a resource that may be created and manipulated at design time and at runtime. Lexer uses standard VCL streaming and stores itself in DFM text format.
- Comfortable visual lexer editor.
- Powerful and customizable highlighting.
- Text folding, any determined text range or user range may be collapsed.
- Gutter with multiple bands, line numeration, gutter objects (images) that are customizable at design time. Line highlighting, image, hint, position may be associated with the gutter object (for example, like breakpoint or current execution point).
- Normal, column-oriented and line selection, clipboard operations.
- Hint subsystem. Now hints available for text tokens, expanding button, gutter objects, vertical scroll.
- Export to RTF, HTML file with syntax highlighting.
- Copy selection to clipboard in RTF.
- Right margin, persistent blocks, keep caret in text and numerous other options.
- User ranges allows custom lexer independent highlighting and text folding.
- Stack-based markers like in CodeRush
- Unlimited bookmarks.
- Animation allows to mark out some position in text.
- Powerful search/replace (regular expressions, search all ...).
- Incremental search.
- No last letter cutting (for italic fonts). This problem even is present in Delphi 2005 editor.
- Active spell checking.
- Hyperlinks highlighting.
- Multiple Sync Edit regions.
- Insert character popup grid.
- Custom formatting
- OLE drag & drop operations
- Smart Tags
- Enhanced caret
- Highlighting styles can use any font.
- Text border styles.
- Syntax highlighting associated with simple lexical elements (tokens).
- Text range (sequence of tokens) highlighting. Any detected text range can have style that will be merged with token styles.
- Nested lexers highlighting.Combining several lexers in one using "Sub Lexer" rules.
- Highlighting of the user ranges (over lexer defined highlighting).
- Active highlighting depended on caret position. Highlights valid blocks (for example, current procedure, brackets, "begin" ... "end" blocks ...).
- Line highlighting associated with text ranges, caret position, gutter objects or custom.
- Powerful style merging (token style, text range style, dynamic style, …)
- Text partition by means of line separators like in Visual Basic IDE.
- Hierarchical text representation using block staples.
- Hiding parts of the text using Hidden attribute of the style.
- ReadOnly style attribute - allows partially protect text.
- Hignlighting of syntax tree nodes (in syntax tree view) .